Application Deadline: 15th February, 2019.
Scholarships are Offered annually.
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): University of Washington, TRACE headquarters in Annapolis, Maryland, USA
This is to inform the general public that University of Washington and TRACE International invite application for TRACE Scholar Program to pursue studies related to strategies and tools for increasing transparency and reducing corruption. The scholarship is available to an international lawyer from a developing country.
Number of Awardees: Many
About the Award: For a fourth year, the UW School of Law’s Sustainable International Development Law program is pleased to partner with TRACE International, a leading nonprofit business association focused on anti-bribery compliance, to offer a new LL.M. scholarship aimed at developing exceptional young leaders in the field of anti-corruption who are committed to advancing commercial transparency.
Eligibility: The TRACE Scholar will have a demonstrated interest in anti-corruption efforts and will write their LL.M. thesis on a subject related to anticorruption: international instruments, compliance or enforcement. They will enroll in relevant courses focused on business ethics, rule of law, governance and/or economic development. The TRACE Scholar Program will provide emerging leaders and professionals with an interest in anti-corruption and bribery prevention with an intensive course of study followed by a practical and “hands-on” internship.
- A first degree in law or equivalent
- Is a national from either a low or lower-middle income developing country (as defined by the World Bank)
- Will make a commitment to return to applicant’s home country to work for a period of 2-3 years
- Strong English skills. The following minimum score is required, (test scores must be less than two years old): 580 TOEFL and 92 TOEFLiBT
Note: Candidate may take the TOEFL after submitting his or her application if scheduling does not permit an earlier testing. See How To Study in USA without TOEFL/IELTS for International Students
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Willingness to participate in interviews via Skype
- Ready to commence studies in late August 2019 for a period of one year
Value of Scholarship: The TRACE Scholar Program will fully fund (with tuition, lodging and travel) an international lawyer from a developing country to pursue studies related to strategies and tools for increasing transparency and reducing corruption.
Duration of Scholarship: The UW Law TRACE Scholar will spend an academic year at the University of Washington followed by a paid summer internship at TRACE headquarters in Annapolis, Maryland. The person selected as a TRACE Scholar must be ready to commence his/her studies in late August 2019 for a period of one year.
How to Apply: Candidates should submit the following materials. The applicant should submit all of her materials, if possible, in one email or mailing. Please send documents in MS-Word, pdf or text file format. Do not send jpeg, gif or other photo scans.
- Cover sheet
- At least two letters of recommendation from legal professionals in the home country. References may be submitted via email to email@example.com
- Official transcripts and degree statements.
- Resume or CV; and
- A personal statement of 2-3 pages which describes the applicant’s interest and experience in dealing with anti-corruption and a description of how such a scholarship will further his or her work to combat corruption in the applicant’s home country
Please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2019 at 5 p.m. Pacific Time. You may also mail your application to:
UW TRACE Fellowship
c/o Sustainable International Development Graduate Program
University of Washington School of Law
Seattle, WA 98195
Visit Scholarship Webpage for details
Award Provider: University of Washington, TRACE Foundation
Now that all the information about Fully Funded Scholarship at the University of Washington for International Students from Developing Countries has been delivered nicely; talented students who are eager to pursue their Free Tuition/Scholarships/Study In USA for Undergraduate, Bachelors, Masters, PhD, Associate Degree and Other Degrees, can apply now.